Preschool and Young Preschool Classes
Our Preschool and Young Preschool Classes serve children ages two and three years old with a hands-on, play-based learning environment. Our curriculum uses art, music, stories and hands-on activities to promote children's development. Children learn and grow as they play, explore the environment, interact with other children, and participate in daily activities planned by experienced, caring teachers.
Because we know that the early years build a critical foundation for children's success in school, our program incorporates early literacy as well as math and science into all areas of our day. During a cooking project, we read the recipe, measure ingredients and then observe how the ingredients change when mixed and then cooked. Every moment is packed with learning!
Learning Through Play
Our classrooms are organized into "learning centers" that encourage children to work and play cooperatively:
- Block Center (size, shape, balance, symmetry, cooperation)
- Dramatic Play / House (symbolic representation, creativity, cooperation, language skills)
- Dramatic Play / Grocey Store (writing a shopping list, sorting fruits and vegetables)
- Puzzles (part-whole relationships, problem-solving)
- Sensory Play / Sand and Water (explore measuring cups, funnels, sieves)
- Painting at the Easel (symbolic representation, fine motor, creativity)
- Art (cutting, tearing, glueing and painting ... creativity, fine motor and problem solving)
Play is the highest form of research. -- Albert Einstein
We offer a variety of preschool programs to meet the needs of individual children and famlies:
Morning Preschool Class (8 to 12:45)
Includes nutritious breakfast and lunch, and a play-based, hands-on early learning curriculum.
Full-Day Preschool Program
A flexible preschool program for working parents, available from 7 am to 6 pm. Includes meals and snacks as well as a play-based, hands-on learning experiences throughout the morning and afternoon.
Monday through Friday
Sample Daily Schedule
7:00 Early morning activities
8:00 Preschool class begins / Centers
8:35 Clean-up & Wash Hands
8:45 Family-Style Breakfast
9:15 Outside Play
10:00 Wash Hands
10:10 Circle Time with Songs & Stories
10:30 Center Time
11:50 Clean-up Time
12:00 Family Style Lunch Time
12:45 Rest Time
3:00 Snack Time
3:20 Center Time
4:30 Clean-up / Music Time
4:45 Playground Time
Daily schedules are adjusted throughout the year to meet the needs of the children. The current daily schedule is always posted in the classroom.