First Discoveries has adopted the following tuition policies:
- Tuition is billed on a monthly basis and is due on or before the 1st of the month. Families have the option to sign-up for semi-monthly payments (1st & 15th).
- Payments are to be made online through our tuition payment system. Discounts are offered for ACH payments made on the 1st of the month.
- There will be a convenience fee of $10 per check or money order paid at the school.
- A late fee of $25 will be applied to accounts that are not paid on or before the 1st of the month. If an account is not paid in full by the 5th of the month, your child will not be allowed to attend until the account is paid in full.
- The fee for returned check / ACH is $25 per occurrence.
- Current tuition rates are available in the office. Families will be given a 30 day written notice when tuition rates are adjusted.
- To maintain your child's position at school, there is no discount for absences due to illness, vacation or holidays.
- To withdraw your child from the school, or to reduce your child's hours at the school, we will require a 30 day notice given on or before the 1st of the month. Early termination fee will be applied to accounts that fail to give the required notice. The Early Termination fee will be equivalent to one month's tuition.
We recognize that some families may need assistance paying for early childhood programs for their children. For this reason, First Discoveries offers tuition assistance through several programs:
- VPK (Voluntary Prekindergarten): Children who are 4 years old on or before September 1st are eligible to attend a free VPK program. Families may choose either a school year program or a summer program. There are no income restrictions and all families are eligible, including military families and those families who have recently moved to the area. To learn more visit the Early Learning Coalition's website. First Discoveries offers both school year and summer VPK programs.
- School Readiness. Low-income families may qualify for a tuition voucher from School Readiness. There is a waitlist for this assistance program, and families are responsible for a co-payment. To learn more visit the Early Learning Coalition's website.
- From time to time, the school may have a limited amount of scholarship assistance available. Scholarship applications are available in the office. Scholarships are granted based on the school's budget and are at the discretion of the director.
Useful Tuition Links
First Discoveries is proud to offer a Military Discount to the children of active duty personnel who are currently deployed. A scholarship application is required.
Learning, playing and growing ...
Our days at school are always
fun and engaging!